The following applicants can schedule an appointment at the library to have their application executed:
- Applying for a first time U.S. passport
- Renewing a U.S. passport for a minor (under 18)
- The applicant was 15 years or younger when your last U.S. passport was issued
- The applicant’s existing U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- The applicant’s existing U.S. passport is either lost or stolen
*Please note that adult renewals with a passport issue date less than 15 years ago can only be submitted by the applicant via U.S. mail, using form DS-82.
Schedule an Apppointment
Appointments can be made Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Appointments after 5:00 p.m. are available but limited. Please call the library to schedule an appointment (914) 739-5654.
For urgent travel, you can apply in person at a passport agency. Appointments are required. Please visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs website for more information.
- Completed (not signed) application: Form DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: A Certified Copy of Long Form Birth Certificate, Certification of Naturalization or a previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport.
- Photo ID: Valid Driver’s License, Passport, or Military ID, and a photocopy of the front and back of it.
- One recent color photograph: Fee for photographs taken on-site is $5.00 (includes two photos). No glasses are allowed.
- Applicants under age 16: Both parents must appear together with the child and sign the application in front of the passport agent; or one parent appears, signs, and submits second parent’s notarized statement of consent (Form DS-3053), along with a copy of the ID used for the notarization; or one parent submits primary evidence of sole custody (original documents required) to apply.
- Age 16 & 17: Needs to appear with one parent if they do not have a valid government photo ID. Otherwise, they can appear without the parent if they have proof of parental knowledge such as a letter, parent listed as emergency contact, or a personal check in the parent’s name.
Note: Each applicant must appear in person.
- DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport: New applicants, minor renewals, minor to adult renewals, applicants whose most recently issued passport was lost or stolen
- DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Applications for Eligible Individuals: Adult applicants renewing their previous adult (10 year issued) passport
- DS-64 Statement Regarding a Valid Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book and/or Card: Applicants whose most recently issued passport was lost or stolen
- DS-3053 Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Child: Parent/legal guardian to complete and sign in front of a notary public when they cannot appear in-person
Note: Forms must be completed in black ink only and printed single-sided.
For additional information, along with regularly issued travel warnings and information on U.S. Embassies, visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Web site.