Passport Services at the Library

The following applicants can schedule an appointment at the library to have their application executed:

  • Applying for a first time U.S. passport
  • Renewing a U.S. passport for a minor (under 18)
  • The applicant was 15 years or younger when your last U.S. passport was issued
  • The applicant’s existing U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • The applicant’s existing U.S. passport is either lost or stolen

Note:  Walk-ins are welcomed during the week pending agent availability.  Please call ahead if possible.  Appointments are necessary on Saturdays and/or for two or more new passport applicants during the week.  If an applicant is a no show for their Saturday appointment, they will not be rescheduled on a subsequent Saturday. 

*Please note that adult renewals with a passport issue date less than 15 years ago can only be submitted by the applicant via U.S. mail, using form DS-82.


  • Completed (not signed) application: Form DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship:  A Certified Copy of Long Form Birth Certificate, Certification of Naturalization or a previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport.
  • Photo ID:  Valid Driver’s License, Passport, or Military ID, and a photocopy of the front and back of it.
  • One recent color photograph:  Fee for photographs taken on-site is $5.00 (includes two photos).  No glasses are allowed.
  • Applicants under age 16:  Both parents must appear together with the child and sign the application in front of the passport agent; or one parent appears, signs, and submits second parent’s notarized statement of consent (Form DS-3053), along with a copy of  the ID used for the notarization; or one parent submits primary evidence of sole custody (original documents required) to apply.
  • Age 16 & 17:  Needs to appear with one parent if they do not have a valid government photo ID. Otherwise, they can appear without the parent if they have proof of parental knowledge such as a letter, parent listed as emergency contact, or a personal check in the parent’s name.

Note:  Each applicant must appear in person.


Bring checks or money orders as follows:

  • One (1) payable to the Hendrick Hudson Free Library (execution fee(s)*);
  • One (1) per application payable to the U.S. Department of State (application fee**).

*Cash or debit/credit cards are also accepted for execution fees and passport photos taken on-site.

**No cash or debit/credit cards accepted for application fees.


Routine Service:

  • Execution Fee:  $35 (per application) – Payable to Hendrick Hudson Free Library;
  • Application Fee:  $130 – Payable to U.S. Department of State (Under age 16:  $100).

Expedited Service:

  • Execution Fee:  $35 (per application) – Payable to Hendrick Hudson Free Library;
  • Application Fee:  $190 – Payable to U.S. Department of State (Under age 16:  $160).

For those with proof of departure within 14 days, you must apply in person at a passport agency.  Appointments are required.

Please visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Web site for a list of passport agencies.

Passport Card:

For an additional fee, an applicant can purchase a passport card valid for travel by land and by sea only to the following destinations:

  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • The Caribbean
  • Bermuda

Effective in 2022 (exact date to be determined), a valid passport card can be used for domestic travel by air as well.

Adult card fee:  $30
Under age 16 card fee:  $15

Additional Fees (if applicable):

  • Expedited postage (1-2 day mailing) available. Please inquire with an agent.
  • File search:  $150 – For applicants who have previously been issued a U.S. passport and are unable to present evidence of U.S. citizenship or verification of a previously issued U.S. Passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

For additional information, along with regularly issued travel warnings and information on U.S. Embassies, visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Web site.