The library stayed in its original location from 1932 until 1937 when it moved across the street to the “center of town” where it occupied a one-room storefront with its own lavatory. This was called home until 1966 when the library relocated to Albany Post Road in the Kavana Building. Eleven years later in 1977 a move was once again needed, this time just a hop, skip and jump away to what was the former home of the Montrose Fire Department. This space was renovated to include an upstairs area for programming. This home was a perfect fit until 1995 when the forward-thinking board of trustees realized they would again outgrow the space and purchased the property where the current library is located. In July of 1997, the move was made to its current home at 185 Kings Ferry Road.