Update as of 12/2/2020:
Note: For information on the Coronavirus itself, please visit the CDC Web site.
In addition, the World Health Organization (WHO) is gathering the latest international multilingual scientific findings and knowledge on COVID-19. The majority of citations referenced are published journal articles. The global literature cited in the WHO COVID-19 database is updated daily (Monday through Friday) from searches of bibliographic databases, hand searching, and the addition of other expert-referred scientific articles. Particular emphasis is placed on identifying literature from around the world. Multiple search strategies that are under continual revision are used to obtain this global perspective. New research is added regularly.
Other COVID-19 Resources:
- COVID-19 Westchester Community Resources
- Mid-Hudson Library System COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 Resource Guide
- New York State Regional Monitoring Dashboard
- New York State Reopening Guide
Hours: The library has now resumed regular hours. Library visits are by appointment only with the restrictions listed below.* Services offered include: Curbside pick-up (see details under “Patron Requests” below), browsing items for check-out, newspapers, fax/copier/printing services, computer use, study rooms (maximum two people per room), passport processing services, and Notary Public services.
*Please note restrictions:
- Face masks and social distancing are required upon entry into the library–patrons over the age of two must wear a face mask at all times.
- With the exception of study rooms, appointments are for a maximum of one hour. Study rooms can be booked for up to two hours with a two-person maximum capacity per study room. The Conference Room can be booked for up to four hours with a four-person maximum capacity. More details about booking a study room or the Conference Room can be found here.
- Children under the age of 12 must be with an adult at all times.
- All patrons must sign in and sign out at the Circulation Desk.
- Patrons must sanitize their hands at sign-in.
- All items, with the exception of mobile hotspots, must be returned to the book drop to ensure proper quarantine. Returns will not be accepted inside.
Field Goods: The Hendrick Hudson Free Library is again a pick-up site for Field Goods. Order by Monday for Thursday pick-up. Details can be found on the Field Goods Web site.
Book Drop: The book drop is currently open 24/7. All fines will be waived once the returned items have been checked in (72 hours after items have been returned). Please do not leave library book donations in the book drop. We cannot accept library donations at this time.
Patron Requests: We are continuing to accept requests for library items for curbside pick-up. Please call the library at 914-739-5654, ext. 303, for adult items, or ext. 307 for children’s items; or E-mail your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org; or choose items through our online catalog. Holds can now be placed for items owned by other libraries within the Westchester Library System, as well as through Inter-library Loan.
Other online resources can be found here.
Check back for additional offerings as they become available.
To view the library’s Covid-19 policies. Visit our policies page.